Award winning educator and administrator with 20 years
experience with teaching and technology
seeking a position as K-8 technology director or educator.
Director of Technology, Network Administrator, Technology
Heschel West Day School, Agoura, CA — 1997-Present
Director of Technology
• Designed K-8 curriculum surpassing National Educational
Technology Standards (NETS).
• Managed 300k annual budget and oversaw all technology
• Established technology as a foundational pillar of the
• Prepared 5 year technology plan incorporating new construction
and future expansion.
• Initiated and managed one to one student laptop program
in the middle school.
• Enlisted support of the Board of Directors to secure
funding for technology program.
• Led acquisition of school information database system
including scheduling and HR.
• Transitioned institution to digital record keeping reducing
• Authored accreditation report for library and technology
• Hired and trained teaching and technical support staff,
expanding department %.
• Formulated Acceptable Use Policy for students and staff.
• Organized Admissions Department marketing materials for
• Improved parent communications with a school online bulletin
board, calendar and newsletter.
• Instituted automated school emergency notification system.
• Designed and installed 250 user wireless network in house.
• Planned for increased technology needs as school tripled
• Performed network security audit and developed off site
• Drafted institutional disaster recovery plan.
• Produced website and administered school BBS and email
• Maintained mixed platform LAN and serviced network of
• Organized institution wide OS transitions with minimal
disruption of services.
• Established content management system for website.
• Taught K-7 technology courses, including Electronic Music
Production and Computer Animation.
• Integrated thematic project based learning with technology
• Facilitated technology inservice days for faculty and
• Compiled scope and sequence matrix with relevant software
assets by subject area.
Independent Multimedia Producer, Composer, Musical Director,
Tinker-Tunes (formerly media99), Ventura, CA — 1995-Present
• Produced several K-6 and 9-12 grade educational resource
series for McGraw-Hill International.
• Composed and recorded music featured on local and nationally
syndicated radio and television.
• Directed, recorded and engineered audio for independent
films, live performance and theater.
• Designed, installed and operated a multimedia recording
studio combining traditional acoustic
recording with MIDI and digital audio editing facilities,
video, overdub and sync capabilities.
• Contributed music and sound design for the award winning
GeoSafari CD-ROM by Educational
Insights and Barney On Location by Hasbro.
• Designed FileMaker database for gymnastics school including
student records, accounts, enrollment
Music Teacher and Computer Coordinator
St. Catherine’s School, Reseda, CA — 1985-1997
• Led evaluation team for state credential certification.
• Secured grants to expand technology resources.
• Music teacher and computer coordinator, also assisted
with Spanish enrichment program.
• Developed curriculum for K-8 study.
• Managed office network and oversaw software purchases.
• Trained staff on software and hardware.
• Reconditioned and repaired donated computers for classroom
Music Teacher and Performance Coordinator
Franklin Ave. School, Los Feliz, CA — 1992-1994
• Taught K-5 music enrichment classes and directed choral
• Post Graduate Child Development Studies, California State
University, Northridge, 1991
• Post Graduate Linguistics and Music Studies, California
State University, Northridge, 1990
Philosophy Degree, Physics and English Minors, St. John’s
College, Camarillo, 1985
ISTE and NETS curriculum development, Mac OS X Server
administration, Windows XP, network
design, TCP/IP, DNS, web and email protocols, FileMaker,
Macromedia DreamWeaver, Flash, iLife,
Microsoft Word. Excel, Powerpoint, multiple educational
software packages, Logic Pro, SketchUp,
ACTIVStudio, inResonance, Keystone, Generations, Portal,
Basic Spanish fluency
AWARDS, AFFILIATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS
2006 Excellence in Education Award (Heschel West), Member
International Society for Technology in
Education, Member Electronic Music Foundation, Member
Computer Using Educators, Member
Electronic Frontier Foundation.